|HOW TO ADD PAGE NUMBERS (Version 5.x and later)
As of version 5.6.xx onwards, automatic book buttons contain a page number button. This is a blank button which automatically displays a page number at the bottom of each book that you make. Note: You can manually disable all or any of the book buttons from displaying.
How to add page numbers manually.
CREATE NEW TEXT FLOW TEMPLATE FOR PAGE NUMBERS
1. create new text flow object on your page.
2. add 2 numbers one on each line to the text box like:
3. click OK.
4. now resize and move the text flow objects to each corner of the page so that it is 1 line high and wide enough to only fit one page number.
5. right click on the text flow object, select change properties.
6. click on add to create a new template for page numbers.
7. give it a name like, "page numbers, 2 sides, corners"
8. change the Type: to Advanced Template Settings then change Import from: the page that you create the page number template in. e.g. Page 1. The left side should automatically change to show this.
9. click on OK, and you can see that you have created a new text flow template for page numbers. Now click OK again to close the text box. Note you can keep reusing this page number template, you only need to create it once.
ADD THE PAGE NUMBERS
1. create new text flow object on your page or add the the existing one you create above.
2. select a template like the one created above if you have not already done so.
3. in the text box, put the numbers for your pages, one for each line. We suggest you keep a copy of this in a text file somewhere to copy and paste from for future books. e.g.
4. click ok. the numbers will be automatically added to the new pages a new text flow object.
If the template does not turn out as expected, the reason for this is that template settings are only applied on new pages and next. You can redo again by deleting and pasting the text again. To delete the template text flow object,right click on it then select delete text flow object. Delete the text flow object using normal delete only deletes from that page only.
Please also check: http://www.desktopauthor.com/tutorials for a video on this subject.